Sider

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Thyssen and church unknown

From Madrid!
In the end I did not take that many pictures, it rained all saturday morning, and we did not do touristy visits anyway. This church just appeared on a street we were walking, and if I was a good blogger I would look it up, but since I am not...
We spent the rainy morning in the Thyssen-museum and I liked it a lot. As always my faint suggestions of maybe not try to "see it all" fell on optimistic ears and was ignored. So by the time we came to modern times our brains were mush and longing for white. There was also this themed exibition Heroinas that I did not see but would like to.
Thyssen had a lot of portraits, what I most like. A frustrating thing is that most of the time it is of "a lady" or "a gentleman", and so there is no way to know anything about the person other than that he/she had the money and time to get a portrait done.

Definitly a museum I will return to.

Then, as the sun came out, we walked. And walked, in a relaxed tempo, just looking and observing people and feeling the energy of the city. Madrid is a good city to go around in. Yes, the distances can be huge, but there is room for you in the street and a friendly atmosphere.

Sunday morning we spent in the sofa with our legs up. It is a good way to spend a sunday morning, just relaxing and chatting and vegging out.

No comments: