Sider

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Scary cat

I am doing it again.

I need to go and talk with some teachers at the university and I keep leaving it for tomorrow. And tomorrow. Mañana. Mañana.

So why do I find it so scary to go to an office and knock on the door? Anyway, why should I have to? If the university email worked as it should I could get my info by email, but I have in all my years only met one teacher who answered emails promptly. In most cases I never hear anything, never knowing if they recieved the message..

Anyways, tomorrow morning is the moment. No more chicken. And to answer my question: It is probably the mixture of shame (of my stupid problem), the distance most of the teachers put up between themselves and the student body. The feeling of interrupting. Abd I never know if to use Usted/ustedes or not. Apart from my almost never using it and being very rusty.

But tomorrow, with some tapping on hand and face, again I will stride bravely and valiantly into the scary corridors of the faculty and knock on doors... I will.

Why could I not be afraid of rats or something like that?

No comments: