Sider

Sunday 15 May 2011

GP

Well, then that was over for this year.

Eurovision Song Contest (eg. Gran Prix for us norwegians)

As usual I got fed up around song ten and zapped around and watched other stuff: saturday evening there is not really any other stuff to see, but I zapped anyway just too give my zapping muscles excersise.

There were a lot of awful clothing. But not in the LOL way, like last year with butterfly wings and playmobile hair. The black lycra tights and red shoulder block jackets with the awkward juping of the irish twins was eyepopping, but that was about it. A lot of weird black leather and nice looking young dancers, and the fashion reprieve that was that girl with the chicago-haircut and nice dress, otherwise there was a lot of legs, and eurotrash-style.

As for the songs, Italy was good. I am happy they got a lot of votes. Azerbajan sounded like any song, no idea why it won, obs they got the most votes but for me it just blended in to the rest of the forgettable stuff.

I tried to google pictures and got only the logo. I guess it is still a bit early to get pics from the performances.

Norway did not make the cut to the finals, and according to the newspapers today Stella got very few votes, for an ok song. But I think she has accomplished getting her name out, at least in scandinavia. I had never heard of her before GP, and it turns out she already has a cd out, but with rap music, and I heard some of it on a portrait-program on the telly in easter and it sounded good, so I'll by her cd this summer. Despite being a small country, getting your name out in the media is really hard. The radio stations tends to play the same five songs over and over, and as for rap/hiphop, unless you are form the US they are not going to play you.

Anyways, I really want to see the semifinals next year, since that is where the most lol stuff goes down. With a pink feather boa.

No comments: