Sider

Friday 23 November 2007

Safety

I have been thinking a lot about safety lately. And feeling unsafe. And the fragility of our lives. Partly because of the shootings in Finland, but also because I am getting older, and more aware. The closer one is to the expiring date, the more one wants to live? So at times I am afraid of being mugged, raped or molested, being in a carcrash, atacked by wolves, planecrash, freak accident in bathtube.... (the last being most likely) And it is just so silly spending time being afraid of all this. Yes, I put on the seat belt, am going to by a anti-glide thingy for the bath tube, and will not wander in certain areas of the town alone. The thing is to take whatever reasonable precautions you can, and then DON´T WORRY anymore. Shit happens and it can happen to anyone, anytime. I do not want to restrict my actions because of what-if scenarios.

My head is a bit wuzzy today, so there will be further musings on the theme when I have thought it out.

I am going to do orienteering on sunday. Up until now boyfriend and I have strolled through the initiacion, but last time it was short and so easy it got boring so we decided to enter in our age classes. I am telling everyone I will do mine walking. but I just know that when I am there I am going to get fused with adrenalin and go "I´ll run a bit." Then my body, who is not used to running will go on strike, and I´ll have a sort of astma-attack. (never tested, but probably have exhaustion-astma.) I have a lot of those never-tested but probably-have. And it will only get worse a we learn more about pathology. But that is a topic for another day.

No comments: