Sider

Sunday 17 February 2008

quantum

I went to Fnac yesterday to by a book, and looking through the 2 shelves they have of english books (2/3 of those are accupied by Nick Hornby, JAne Austin and Dan Brown..) I found the latest instalment of The science Discworld. The themes so far are intelligent design vs evolution, and time, timetravel and shapes of the universe.. I think.

Evolution I get, as beeing a med student I read all about it in genetics and biology. It is not new territory. But Time is a bit harder. When they start with coneshapes and linear whatnots and paradoxes.. I go "dhuuu". Possibly a bit of saliva drooling. (Think Patrick Star, Spongebob´s best friend.) And this is the fat-free version of it all. But it is good for the brain. It has not been doing much thinking lately, merely trying to memorize stuff. Don´t get me wrong, learning things and memorizing them is hard work, but it doesn´t need any New Thinking. New Thinking is the one that makes the head feel sore.

No comments: