Sider

Thursday 6 December 2012

Infinite Jest

How does one try to describe this monster of 978 pages + 96 pages of dense footnotes..

I begun reading it without too much hope that I would like it, as I had not enjoyed so much his collection of fiction Oblivion, compared to my utter facination with his essey collections. So I thought: Yeah, I'll read a couple of chapters and go to sleep.

Famous last words.

It is grotesque. It is violent. It is depressing. It is funny. It is absurd. It is heartwarming.

I think a reader would either hate it or love it.

Adding to all this it has lots of storylines that goes nowhere, things untold and jumps in time.. 

1 comment:

With Added Discretion said...

It was Infinite Jest that led to me buying a kindle - the print was just too small for me to read. I haven't managed it yet, but this inspires me to have a go. Besos y abrasos amiga xx