Sider

Monday 7 November 2011

Dance

On saturday I went to see my contemp teacher perform with her dance company "Tarde y Temprano Danza". In honor of the occation ("I go out of the house! On a saturday! And it is not grocery shopping!") I put on a dress. And subsecuently freezed my legs and fingers and head off, trying to find the darned place. Boy, it was windy and cold. Hello Winter!

They performed two pieces, the first "Acabado en A", two dancers in red dresses, two vanity tables with makeup and mirrors, and that is about it, because just as they began small movements to quiet music I had a cough attack and almost popped my eyes out trying to supress the coughing. We are talking turning heads in the rows in front of me..

But about halfway into it, my coughing stilled, and just then they started a part I liked, playing with weight, fighting, pushing eachother, lifting eachother, powerbalance..

The second piece was "Tacones y Naranjas" And I liked that one the most. Four women, in dresses and high heels, exploring movement with oranges, dancing together in couples, sometimes playful, sometimes in jerking almost robotic movements. Then a segment where all four hold on to eachother, creaping through legs and between eachother. Fluid, continous, connected.
Then I had to cough a bit more.

They ended the piece standing in the center, toing twisting motions with their upper bodies, to a rythmic sound, slowly turning little by little, going lower and lower..

And then I froze my legs off again going home.

the end

No comments: