Sider

Monday 23 March 2009

Selma Lagerlof

I am reading Gösta Berlings saga and it is interesting. First of all it is so different in language from what I usually (re)read. It is poetic without going overboard, much because it is written as storietelling, talking to the reader like a grandmother sitting in the kitchen telling tales. Not sure if have much more to say though. I always hated analyzing books, thinking about it gives me the shivers.
Anyway, the book is divided in short tales, that continues where the other ended. I like that. And the stories are about humans and their silliness and cruelty and fears and beauty and strengths and weakness...All set in the Swedish countryside. I am imagening the landscape from the Emil series of Astrid Lindgren, but it might not be entirely accurate.

No comments: